Sunday, September 19, 2010

Did your Wednesday include

Silver aliens?


Did it include an emergency fire alarm?


Not the smoke detector, just me. Run for your lives! There is mercury on the stove. Something is going to explode! Fire! Fire! Fire! (OK, maybe not that dramatic, but close)


Did it include a ruined pot?


Or a melted pot holder?


Did you have to start dinner over again?

And then after being in the kitchen for 3 hrs, did your new squash casserole taste terrible because you thought some of that squash was salvageable? I tasted it first and it was fine, hmm...


Did your kids help you relive the nightmare over and over again?

And did your husband come home to find you crying in your daughter's lap because you just needed someone to hold you and help the nightmare go away?

REALLY, yours didn't? Well then you don't live as adventurous of a life as I do.

It wasn't really mercury, but at first glance I couldn't think what else it could be. When it was still hot, it looked just like mercury. Apparently trying to talk to kids, give spelling words, answer questions, sign planners and cook dinner for 7 kids makes you a little crazy. I forgot to put water into one of the steamers. There was water naturally in the squash so it just kept heating up. Enough to melt metal out of my 18 gauge stainless steel pot. Good news, the kids knew exactly where to meet in case of a fire. Good job guys, you even got your nieces to the right spot.

Now that I know you are all safe it is time for me to check into a loony hospital. Maybe they won't make me cook and I will be safe there.

Dangit! They apparently aren't accepting Moms who go crazy anymore. There are just too many of us, and they don't have room. I guess I will have to try to face life and hope I don't burn the house down this week. :~/

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Carina. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for the ruined pot and pot holder (I'm too cheap to ever buy anything, so I'm really sad to hear about that). I'm sorry for the fake fire alarm. I'm sorry for the Mommy-Freak-Out. And I'm really sorry I laughed while reading about it all. ;) Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is definitely not room for all the crazy mom's. I've almost set the house on fire numerous times and I don't have as much stuff going on as you do. Just one day at a time and sometimes just one hour at a time I try to keep Chloe alive and my house from burning down. It's not an easy task and you're not alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was your melting pot!? Bummer--thought they were Hershey's Kisses at first. Sounds like you may need a couple of those after all! :) What an adventure! You're so good to be laughing about it. So are you officially watching your neices? HOW DO YOU BREATHE!? Wow. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shelly! Writing it down helps me laugh about it too. :)

    In all fairness I have to let people know this was the same day we took Spencer to the Dr. for a leg infection. Add the stress of extra kids. And my Fibromyalgia being the worst it has been in yrs. And you get a walking short circuit. BREATHE? Wow, that is what I am doing wrong. No wonder my brain cells are fried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jess, Aaron was going to make Choc Peanut No bake cookies last night for the families he home teaches. I told him "No, because I will eat the whole thing." He swore he would take them straight there and I said just smelling it would force me to make another batch and it eat it all myself. Yes, I need chocolate! But my butt doesn't. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, this is Jeri Dawn. Don't you just hate those kind of nights? I hate it, especially when dinner doesn't turn out. For some reason it's just depressing. Good thing there is always tomorrow, and the next day, and the next one, and the next one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is not fun. One day I slaved in the kitchen over some squash soup that was excellent when Jared made it. I was so excited to eat it with the girls and I sat down a couple of minutes after the girls and they tasted it and spit it out. I MADE them eat it, I was so mad, until I tried it and I spit it out. :) I apologized and I think I took them to McD's to get a happy Meal. I have meltdowns all too often.

    ReplyDelete