Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Is it COOL or CRAZY?

We had our first real snow. Dallin couldn't wait to play in it. He was dreaming of fluffy white snowmen, snow ball fights and snow angels. But Mommy was dreaming of VERY WET snowpants, gloves, hats, coats and boots. You see, this snow came after a big rainstorm and then was followed by a little more rain. This is not my Favorite dream. I was fighting ..... trying not to give into the nightmare. All of that wet stuff = cold kids = lots of crying. Me and them.

Suddenly I got an idea. I got a wonderful, awful idea. Hee, hee, hee.

Why not bring the snow playtime indoors? Hold on, I know what you are thinking. I am Crazy! Cuckoo! Loony Bird!!! Yeah, I know. My sister who was here thought so too.


But my boys thought I was Super Cool when I scooped snow into bowls and let them play with it at the table.


They made miniature snowmen. One looked like Gonzo.



They used their inside toys to play with the snow. Another advantage of indoor snow playtime. Their trusty trucks got to haul snow.


The trucks were so quick. First you see it, now you don't.



There weren't any snowball fights, but being indoors didn't mean we couldn't put snow down someone's shirt.



We thought Luke wouldn't like it, but he LOVED it! He started putting snow down his own shirt. We got a kick out of it. Such a funny kid!



They did the Mash, They did the Snow Ball Mash. The Snow Ball Mash. It was a Playtime Smash! They did the Mash. It caught on in a flash. (I know you all are going to do this now ;) They did the Snow Ball Mash.



And yes, I really AM CRAZY! I let my kids even eat some of the snow.



Gasp!


This may become the best way for my little ones to play in the snow, especially if it is wet and cold outside. My sister told me "I think your experiment worked!" Maybe I am not that crazy!

It snowed again last night. Hmmm, I wonder what we will do today.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! My kids always wanted to take their toys out into the snow, but I couldn't handle the thought of them losing them for six months.

    I'm just a little jealous of your snow. Today I have the windows open and the ceiling fans on and my thermostat reads 77* in the house. That's what I get for moving to the Valley of the Sun. :) But your idea sounds so much more handle-able than just tossing the kids outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you creativity! I think I will most definitely try this this year. I was really good about playing in the snow with my first couple of kids...now it's too much work to go out with a baby that hates being all bundled up! Thanks for the fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete