Thursday, August 5, 2010

Speeding over the Hill

We had a BIG SURPRISE 60th Birthday PARTY for my Mom. She had an idea something was up, especially when the house got all cleaned up and decorated. So she got dressed nice and got her hair done, thinking that they were taking her on a drive to dinner while guests showed up at the house. Dad stopped at the Church for something on the way. And SURPRISE the party was there with many friends & family in attendance. A fun, wonderful video about her life was playing, done by my sister in law Jen. This was my Mom's fancy outfit for the night. A fancy crown, STYLISH glasses and handy cane that has a magnifying glass, dirty man repellent, extra pantyhose and it squeaked every time it touched the ground, so she squeaked as she walked.

YOU WANT ME TO GET IN THERE????

LOL, there were lots of fun decorations and funny sayings everywhere. Many friends and family who couldn't come wrote some great letters. Mom had a great time. I wish I had gotten pics of her with her siblings and other guests. Sad.

She is such a hottie, that Steve put a bag of ice under her shirt to cool her down.

Can you believe she is having kids still? Is she crazy? Good thing we got her the funny cane.

What a fun display of cupcakes and a special cake for Mom. She loved it! If you click on the cake below it gets larger and you can read it. It is a gas.

I hope my Mom can making it flying over many more hills and valleys. Love ya Mom! I am so glad it turned out so fun. We loved telling you about all of the things you had no idea about, like Dad sneaking to plan with us when you thought he was at work. Or when you thought Kendra was watching my kids, but she was really helping us sort pics. Or why the basement looked different, but you had no idea boxes of pics were missing. But I still love how Kendra and Dad cleaned & decorated the house to throw you off. What a hoot! You are loved!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment