Friday, August 6, 2010

Faith is 10 yrs old

I have to tell you how much I love this girl. She makes you feel like you have exceeded all expectations when you have fallen short. She gives you a gift of love that shows that all you have done is more than enough.

Houston, we have a problem. My skirt doesn't go all the way to my waist. I want to cry. It has never been in fashion to have your bum hanging out (And I do include all of those boys who can't figure out how to buy the right size of pants) I quickly get to work to make the repairs. It isn't really that big of a deal, I will just add more fabric, aka frosting. That is until the frosting is the wrong consistency and it just droops back down. Ok, now I really feel like crying. I wanted to make something special for Faith. And do you know what she did? SHE LAUGHED and SHE COMFORTED ME! She said how much she loved it! Then as I rushed to frost and quickly take a once in a lifetime photo, we proceeded to laugh and laugh.

Here she is blowing out the candles on the girl with no covering for her backside. Hurry, the frosting is almost in a puddle at the bottom. But she can't really blow because she is still laughing WITH me and not at me.

I love you Faith! Thank you for being my daughter. You are a Comfort to me. I pray we may always laugh our way through life instead of crying. Laugh lines are so much more attractive. ;)

2 comments:

  1. can't believe you posted the back of the cake.
    I sure do love you Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! I'm glad you have this blog, because times like this are so precious, but we don't remember them for long enough. I love you guys--you're gems, you really are!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete